The Culture Works! (CW), takes you through a series of content and activities that will help you to:
- build self-awareness of your own, and other cultures in the workplace
- recognise the impact that your personal values and culture can have on how you view a situation
- identify how cultural assumptions can have an affect on how you work with others
- reflect on how cultural misunderstandings and conflict affects work relationships
- consider ways to improve communication with people from diverse backgrounds
To complete this course you will need to:
- Complete the pre-course tasks;
- Complete the online activities and worksheets for each module; and
- Keep a journal. Space will be provided to enter your thoughts as you go along in the course.
The following are the options available for enrolment:
Option 1: Professional Development (PD)
You may complete the course at your own pace and on successful completion of all modules you will receive a completion certificate via email. Your site manager may sign it off for you. If you are not currently working, please contact CVI Fortis at email@example.com to receive a signed copy of your certificate.
Option 2: VET recognition for unit CHCDIV001 Working with diverse people
This is a workplace assessment option. You will receive an enrolment pack which outlines the process and timeframe for assessment. You will be required to complete the following:
1. Online Culture Works! Course completion (9 short modules)
2. A written assessment (integrated into the online modules)
3. Workplace observation (Supervisor statement or an agreed third party assessor)
To enrol in the course, choose one of the payment options below:
We look forward to supporting you through your learning journey.